I have never ever tried or even heard of the Carrot Cake until I moved to the US. I have to confess that it took me several years to take the courage to try the carrot cake. I don’t remember when it was or with you. I have a blurry memory that it was in San Francisco. However, I do remember that when I tried it I simply loved it!
I loved the texture, how moist it was. I loved the perfect match it makes with a fluffy cream cheese frosting. I would not pair it with anything else. I would not add chocolate, I would simply eat it as it is meant to be. Simple; but with lots of flavor and texture.
If you have never tried it, I challenge you to do so. No excuses needed, no need for brunch, simply bake it and you will see. Once you try it, please please please leave me your comments. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Makes: 3-9 inch Cake
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 45 Mins
- 280 gr All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 3 cups Carrots, grated
- 75 gr Pecans, chopped
- 400 gr Sugar
- 4 u Eggs
- 220 gr Grapeseed oil
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 452 gr Philadelphia cream cheese
- 110 gr Butter
- 10 gr Vanilla extract
- 440 gr Powder sugar
- CAKE: Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the oil and sugar on medium speed. With the mixer on, add the eggs. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture in three batches, add the carrots and pecans. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- FROSTING:Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
**TIP: Make-Ahead – The cakes can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before adding the frosting. Make the frosting while the cake is in the oven. Store the frosting in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.