Memorial Weekend is around the corner, are you planning a BBQ? or maybe bring some food to the office? Here a traditional Red Velvet cake. To make it more festive you could place a layer of blueberries and raspberries with the filling.
Another idea will be replacing one layer with blue food coloring and making a layer of each color.
Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes: 40 churros Prep time: Cook time:
- 500 gr All-purpose flour
- 5 gr Sugar
- 10 gr Salt
- 452 gr Philadelphia cream cheese (I like to use Philadelphia)
- 110 gr Butter
- 10 gr Vanilla extract
- 440 gr Powdered sugar
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar on a medium bowl.
- Pour the water into a medium pot over high heat. When you see small bubbles all over the bottom of the pot, pour the flour while using a wooden or plastic spoon to mix. At the same time, start pre-heating the oil on a deep frying pan (I like to use a wok, since it is deep).
- You will continue mixing until the water is absorb by the flour and the dough does not stick to the pot.
- Lightly flour the surface and let the dough cooldown. Once it cools down, place the dough in the churro machine, and start making the churros.
- FROSTING: using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
**Make Ahead: The batter can be refrigerated for several hours; bring to room temperature before baking.