Merengue kisses are great to eat as a snack, use them to decorate a cake, put dulce de leche in between them or simply add them to your fruit salad.
Makes: 6 dozen Prep time: Cook time:
- 120 gr Egg Whites (4 egg whites)
- 270 gr Confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 95C/ 200F. Prepare two baking pans with parchment paper.
- Combine the egg whites and confectioners sugar in a medium bowl that will fit over a small pot to create a double boiler.
- Mix continuously using a whisk until the mixture reaches 40C/ 104F.
- Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment in medium- high speed. Mix until you get stif peaks. (If you would like to add color when the mixture reachers soft peaks add the coloring and continue mixing until you get stif peaks).
- Place the merengue on a piping bag. Pipe the merengue into the baking sheet. Cook the merengue kisses for 80 minutes, rotating every 20 minutes. <
**Make Ahead: The Merengue kisses can be store in a container for up to 20 days.