I been so so so tired of the bought coconut macaroons served at every passover dinner. There is so much more beyond them. Besides, in my personal and modes opinion they are dry, and heavy!
This recipe is parve (no dairy), gluten free, and you can add dry fruits if you would like to. You just need a bowl to mix all ingredients and a baking pan to cook it in the oven. It takes only 15 minutes to cook. This is a great recipe to ask your little ones to help you out.
Makes: 18 macaroons Prep time: Cook time:
- 315 gr Sweetened Coconut
- 75 gr Sugar
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3 u egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 u Orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar until are completely combined and the mixture is frothy. Add the vanilla extract, orange zest, and salt.
- Add the coconut mix well. Using gloves and the help of a tablespoon scoop and shape them. Place them on the baking pan leaving some space in between.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- If you would like to cover them in chocolate wait until completely cool down, and then dip them in chocolate.
**Make Ahead: Macaroons can be storage on an air tight container for up to ten days.