This recipe is from Paula Shoyer and it is absolutely wonderful and delicious. Paula totally nailed it making sure you would not taste or feel the quinoa grains, its moist and full of flavor. It's super super easy to make. It has only two steps. Cook the quinoa, and process everything together. Boom! An hour later and you have cake.
My only variation from the recipe would be not using the glaze, and simply glazing it with a tbsp of cocoa, a cup of powder sugar, and water. After few days the glaze was hard and not shiny. Not tempting at all.
Quinoa Chocolate Cake
Makes: 1 bundt cake Prep time: Cook time:
- 130 gr Quinoa (I used white quinoa)
- 360 gr Water
- 80 gr Orange Juice
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 180 gr Coconut oil
- 80 gr Chocolate, Dark (i prefer over 60%)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 300 gr Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Combine the quinoa and water on a medium pot over high heat. Cook Quinoa following box instructions. Cool down the quinoa.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, grease the bundt cake.
- Place the quinoa in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the orange juice, eggs, vanilla, oil, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and process until the mixture is very smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on 30 seconds interval. Add the chocolate to the quinoa batter, and process until well mixed.
- Pour batter into bundt pan. Cook for 60 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Cool down for 10 minutes and unmold.