The perfect combination of Brownies + Cookies. Chewy like a brownie crunchy like a cookie. Think no more!
Makes: 2 Dozens
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 55 g butter
- 57 g dark chocolate
- 90 g dark or light brown sugar
- 15 g sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 g baking soda
- 5 g teaspoon fine sea
- 27 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 57 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. Sift cocoa powder and flour.
- Melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each and taking the chocolate out when it’s almost, but not fully, melted.
- Whisk sugars into melted butter and chocolate, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Whisk in baking soda and salt. Add flour and cocoa to the bowl and then stir until just combined. Add chips or chocolate chunks and stir until combined.
- Place bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes, and up to a few days. Shorter than 30 minutes, you can bake it right away but they keep better shape once chilled and are easier to scoop. Longer than 30 minutes, they become difficult to scoop, but you can let them warm up slightly before you do.
- Scoop into about 1 1/2- to 2-tablespoon sized mounds and space evenly on, allowing room for them to spread a little. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, at which point they will still definitely look underbaked.
**TIP: Make-Ahead – The cookie dough keeps in the fridge for up to a week and longer in the freezer Be sure to cut them on the thick side before baking, so your cookie isn’t too flat.