There are two types of people when it comes to brownies, the ones who like fudge with a crust, and the ones who like them gooey. I am all for the crust and fudge on the inside.
Making the brownie out of the box of course it is so so easy, but you know what’s even easier. Make a large baking pan of brownies, cut them, and freeze them. The brownies will remain fresh and tasteful if stored in an air-tight container for up to 4 months.
I make mine on a large baking pan, I have an adjustable frame (buy it from Amazon here) which I create a base with foil paper, brush it with butter, and tadaaa, you get 48 brownies out of it.
I like to have them in my freezer, which is a life savior for any last-minute dinner plans, I always have something fresh and homemade to bring. If you pull them out of the freezer as soon as you know about the dinner, and keep them at room temperature, by the time you get to the dinner they will be perfect. On the way there stop at the grocery store and buy vanilla ice cream for a perfect combo 🙂
Makes: 48 2″x2″ Brownies
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 563 g Dark Chocolate (preferebly 60% or higher)
- 375 g Butter
- 925 g Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 150 g All-purposed flour
- 10 g Salt
- 100 g walnuts, optional, I do not use them
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F, butter your prepare baking pan.
- On a medium bowl, heat resistant, combine the butter and chocolate. Place it in the microwave and using 30 seconds intervals melt them. Make sure to stir it in between the intervals. The first time you could time it for a minute and a half, and then continue in 30 seconds intervals.
- On the bowl of the standmixer, or a large bowl, combine the sugar and eggs. Mix it on medium speed, the mixture is going to get foamy and a pale yellow color.
- On a small bowl prepare the flour and salt.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs mixture and continue mixing until all included. Add the flour, start on slow speed, make sure to stop and scrape the sides and bottom of bowl. Mix for 30 seconds, and pour into desire pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down at room temperature on a cooling rack, wrap with plastic paper and storage in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator and cut. You could serve them right away, or storage them in the freezer. If you would like to serve them in a few hours, let them sit at room temperature.
**TIP: Make-Ahead – The brownie could be stored in the freezer for up to four months. Separate each layer with parchment paper.