I think of flourless my first thought is healthy, gluten free. Well, yes, but this is not a healthy cake. This is chocolate to its extreme. Four ingredients. No excuses that you do not have them at home.
You can eat it by it self, with some strawberry/raspberry jam, with whipped cream, dulce de leche. The options are endless. It is up to you.
Makes: 9″ Cake
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
- 200 gr butter
- 150 gr chocolate
- 200 gr sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, butter the cake ring (do butter the sides, as the cake rises in the oven).
- In a medium bowl combine butter and chocolate. Using the microwave in 30 seconds interval melt the butter and chocolate. Set aside and let cool down.
- In a medium bowl using the electric mixer or the paddle attachement on a stand mixer beat the eggs and sugar until it becomes a pale yellow.
- Pour the chocolate mixture and continue mixing until well integrated. Pour into cake rin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool down and refrigerate, if going to use immediately place it in the freezer.
- Decorate and eat.
** TIP: The cake can be store in the refrigerator before decorating up to ten days earlier.