Memorial Weekend is around the corner, are you planning a BBQ? or maybe bring some food to the office? Here is a traditional Red Velvet cake. To make it more festive you could place a layer of blueberries and raspberries with the filling.
Another idea will be replacing one layer with blue food coloring and making a layer of each color.
- 500 g All-purpose flour
- 5 g Sugar
- 10 g Salt
- 452 g Cream Cheese (I like to use Philadelphia)
- 110 g Butter
- 10 g Vanilla extract
- 440 g Powdered sugar
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar on a medium bowl.
- Pour the water into a medium pot over high heat. When you see small bubbles all over the bottom of the pot, pour the flour while using a wooden or plastic spoon to mix. At the same time, start pre-heating the oil on a deep frying pan (I like to use a wok, since it is deep).
- You will continue mixing until the water is absorb by the flour and the dough does not stick to the pot.
- Lightly flour the surface and let the dough cooldown. Once it cools down, place the dough in the churro machine, and start making the churros.
- FROSTING: using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add sugar and beat until smooth.
**TIP: Make-Ahead – The batter can be refrigerated for several hours; bring to room temperature before baking.