Are you thinking about the menu for the upcoming BBQ? Here is a recipe for you: rosemary buns, perfect to set on an appetizer tray with cheese & dips; or to make buns for sandwiches. You can replace the rosemary with any other herbs such as basil or oregano. You can also, make them in sun-dried tomatoes, olives, or caramelized onions. Which flavor will you make?
Makes: 25 Buns of 40 grams.
Prep Time: 60 Mins, only 20 active
Cook Time: 20 Mins
- 7 gr Yeast
- 300 gr Water
- 500 gr All-purpose flour
- 50 gr Butter, plus extra brushing
- 10 gr Salt
- 20 gr Rosemary, fresh herbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F, grease or place parchment paper on tray.
- Place the yeast and water on small bowl and gently mix.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar butter, eggs, and water. Knead for 10-15 minutes. Add the rosemary, cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes. Cut the dough in 40 gr pieces for mini buns, 100 gr for big buns. Shape the buns, place them on the pan and let them double in size, 30 mins approximately.
- Brush the buns with the melted butter and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with remaining butter.
**TIP: To store them you can slice the buns once they cool down and freeze them on a ziplock bag for up to 2 months.